Thursday, February 5, 2009

Testing...

I went to the doc last week for another routine check up. I also had to do the lovely test for gestational diabetes - the awful sugar drink. Well, my results were a little high. So, I had to go back for more lab work....

Fasting from the night before plus 3 hours of testing and giving blood. I got to the lab at 9am. And of course, my doctors office never sent over the paperwork. I wasted a whole hour waiting for them to fax the information over. I was so annoyed and almost left to go get it myself, after all, my doctors office was just two blocks away. So, after the THIRD call to them and a couple of huffs and puffs later...they finally faxed it over. My testing finally started around 10 and lasted tell 1pm.

So by 1pm I was starving. It had been 17 hours since I and lil baby Jayden had anything to eat. YIKEY! I scarfed down a sandwhich and headed into work. What a short yet long day. They said I should find out maybe tomorrow the results to my tests, I'm crossing my fingers!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Man I bet you were thinking about all of the foods you would have loved to eat rather than that sugar liquid crap!

Becky said...

Sorry you had to do the 3 hour test. I was so thankful I didn't have to do it. Hopefully your results are okay. My neighbor had gestational diabetes with her last daughter and they put her on a super strict diet, but the bright side is that she only gained 19 pounds so she was back to pre-prego weight really fast. I hope you are doing well.

Jana, Jeff and Jaydin Gilchrist said...

That sucks, I drank that stuff and then in 15min threw it up. They told me I would have to do it again but I decided not to even take it.After the fact one of the other doctors in my practice said you can actually eat a Snickers bar or 23 large jelly beans instead of that liquid crap. That sounds much better!

Anonymous said...

That is so crappy!! I am sure you were starving and tired! Hopefully your tests come back with good news. And you won't have to adhear to a really strict diet. Good Luck!

The Cole's said...

Ahh the lovely orange drink.. With Logan it was a little bit carbonated... they changed it the last time.. I gagged the WHOLE time I tried to drink that crap. Makes my stomach gurgle just remembering. Good luck on your test!