I'm feeling like a hypercondriac - except these illiness are true...this past last week was a doozy. I came home from work last Friday and laid down, wasn't feeling well. Woke up around 6:30 and that's when I starting getting sick. I threw up for over 8 hours. Called my doc and then headed for the hospital at 3am. Yup, I was dehydrated. They got me all nestled in, tried to put an IV in my arm but had to try several times as my blood wood sorta suck back in from being so dehydrated. Finally they got it. So, I ended up staying through the night and tell Saturday afternoon. They just said I had a flu bug. There was actually another pregnant woman in the unit that had the same symptoms as I did. So, something was going around.
Baby was monitored and was doing just great. They were worried that the stress of everything and dehydration that it would start early labor. Thank god it didn't. I'm only 29 weeks. We did "hear" another woman giving birth down the hall, because I was in the birthing unit. I told James to turn the tv up because it freaked me out at first but then we heard the baby cry and it was pretty cool.
After I got home, I went into a sleeping coma tell Sunday and that's when the other fun thing began. The cha-cha's are not fun for two days. I really thought I wasn't never going to return to my regular self agian. :(
With losing 5lbs and barely having an appetite I finally got better. Last night I ate my first real meal (besides soup and Jello). I've never been sick like that before...and never want to be that sick agian. I just have to say thanks to my little friends...saltine crackers. Thank you!
6 comments:
poor thing,how scarry to be sick like that when you are pregnant! I am glad you are feeling better!
Well I'm glad you are feeling better. I remember when I had to go to the hospital for tests (my BP was high) and it was so weird being in the birthing center knowing I would be there in a few weeks to have a baby. I remember hearing the twinkle twinkle little star song they play when a baby is born and I thought, "oh my gosh, they are going to play that for me soon!" I'm just so happy for you guys! Being a mom is the best!
Glad to hear you are feeling better
damn...I am so sorry! Being sick and NOT pregnant is bad, but then throw in the pregnancy, ugghh I feel so bad for you!! I am glad everything turned out ok though!! Stay healthy and get lots, I mean lots of rest!!
Just take a few shots of whiskey and you'll be just fine! HA!
OMG! Scary.. Jeremy had the flu all weekend too! Thank god me and the boys didn't get it.. I'm glad you are better! Both tims when I was pregnant.. I had the "cha-cha's" 24-7. Oh and about labor..Just remember... epidural..
Post a Comment