Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer




Holy Cow I am terrible at blogging! My last post was from Jan...tisk tisk! Quick reveiw so when I'm 75 I can read back through and try and remember what the heck I did all this time! lol Jan-April were a blur. James was laid off and it was really hard keeping things up. It really put a stress on me, him and "us". So, with that said, we are trying now to get things moving forward agian and hope to get out of this rut soon. It's amazing how far behind you can get when you live pay check to pay check. During his layoff he did some side work for his dad and step mom. They were nice enough to pay him a little here and there for helping out at there little pleasant forest palace. My mom also helped, as always and I am very greatful for the help that was giving our way during that difficult time.










Jayden turned THREE this year! We had a spiderman theme. It was a hit! I made cupcakes and all the kids got to make super hero masks. We also had a very special visit for Spidey himself (aka Fred Smith). Jayden got a lot of nice gifts and we all had a great day!






Not sure even what happened to May.  James and I had our 2 year anniversary on May 20th and June flew by....July 4th was on a Wednesday this year.  We ended up going over to Ryan and Kelly's for a bbq and to watch fireworks.  We also went to the Tumwater 4th of July Parade. We had our 8th Annual Cornhole Tournament on July 21st. For you who do not know what cornhole is - it's basically a game of tossing bean bags, sort of like horseshoes.  This year we started it at noon.  Way to early.  But, the weather was great to us and we all had a good time.  Joe Lee and his partner Skyler won first place, and my dad and Chuck Leonard won 2nd.  Good job guys!!!

We finally made our Ocean shores trip.  Spent a few days down there.  Relaxing.  This year it was surf and turf weekend (July 28-29th).  Tons of people and lots of bikes.  We went swimming, played in the sand, ate tons of food and had way too much to drink! Jayden won a few things at the little arcade fun zone and before we left we had to have ice cream! :)

August has arrived and the weather is HOT! 90's...yesterday we sat outside in our pool (blow up).  It cooled us down.  Glad we can atleast have a few hot days over a weekend!

Today my brother undergoes his first chemotherapy treatment.  I hope that everything goes well and we are all staying focused and positive for him.  I can't believe it's really happening.  Every day I think about him and hope for his healthy recovery. He is staying with his half brother, Marty up in Seattle.  And is doing the treatment now at the University of WA.  He had a hickman line/port put in last week and all kinds of test and dental work, another blood transfusion and platelets too.  Lots of new learning ~




No comments: