Robby had a brain tumor when he was about two years old. The tumor was the size of a grapefruit and was located just behind his eyes - he is legally blind to this day and has lived his whole life seeing mostly shadows. He will never drive a car. Blindness does not hold Robby back - I think it made him stronger. He rides bikes, skate boards, ski's, golf's, rides dirtbikes - things that you would think blind kids wouldn't do - AND he's good at it. He went to Vancouver to the school of the blind and all the kids there looked up to him. He's been interviewed on their local tv news station and even been in the paper for his outstanding achievements. He graduated this past June and we are so very proud of him. I don't see him much since he's still in Vancouver - miss you nephew!!! xox
Here's some photos and a few videos of him messing around at the bike park October 2009


4 comments:
Oh I'm so proud of him! That's such good news and made my day!
Thats Awsome! I remember when he was a baby! Wow, we are getting old.
Hey I blocked my blog to uninvited readers, I need your email address so I can invite you.
Thanks
What an inspiration! Truly wonderful!
Hi Jana - it's stacy228@comcast.net
Post a Comment